IRCTC.co.in – You all must be aware of the fact that the confirmed tickets of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) can be cancelled and money is refunded. Tickets can be cancelled up to the time of chart preparation. Let us suppose, if the train departures at 12 noon, the chart is usually prepared on the previous night. Till the time of chart preparation, each kind of ticket cancellation is accepted.
Cancellation Charges of Tatkal and Waiting Tickets of Indian Railway
Now days, ticket cancellation is done online only. No ticket cancellation is allowed from IRCTC windows face to face. Just log in to the respective site of irctc i.e. www.irctc.co.in and go to booked tickets. You can simply click to ‘cancel tickets’ option and initiate the process of cancelling tickets. If you want to cancel partial tickets, print fresh e-reservation slips of the remaining tickets.
The process of cancellation initiates right at the time you click for it.
There are some terms-conditions and rules to follow:
- If user wants to cancel confirmed ticked before 48 hours of the departure time of the train, flat cancellation charges are deducted. Cancellation charges per ticket are:
- 240 for AC First Class/ Executive class
- 200 for AC 2 tier/ First Class
- 180 for AC 3 tier/ AC chair car/ AC 3 economy
- 120 for sleeper class
- 60 for second class
- If cancellation of tickets is done in between 12 to 40 hours of the departure of the train, deduction is flat 25% of minimum mentioned flat rate.
- If one cancels the ticket when only 4 hours are left for the departure of the train, 50% rates of the minimum mentioned flat rate is deducted.
- If the journey is already undertaken and tickets are not cancelled, no charges will be refunded.
Cancellation Charges of Tatkal tickets
There are these three rules related to the cancellation of Tatkal train tickets.
- No charges are refundable, if confirmed tatkal are cancelled.
- For wait listed and contingent tickets, tatkal cancellation charges are deducted.
- Partial cancellation of tickets is allowed in tatkal tickets.
Cancellation Charges of Waiting tickets
It is quite easy and possible to cancel a waiting ticket either it is of general or tatkal quota. A very nominal clerk age fee is deducted by Railways. Normally, it is Rs 60 per ticket. After deduction the remaining amount is returned to the customer at once. The best part is waiting ticket cancellation charges do not hurt much.
There is a very important thing. No refund will be generated against a confirmed tatkal ticket. But remember, if in any case, you are not undertaking the journey; you should cancel your tickets. It can help some deserving person who is may be in a genuine need of tickets. If not cancelled, TTE can allot this ticket to any undeserving candidate by taking bribe.
At the time of emergency, premium tatkal ticket can be booked. These tickets are always confirmed, there is no RAC or waiting; but no refunds are paid on the cancellation of these tickets.