PMaymis.gov.in – Having one’s own house is the primary need of a person. One’s own house gives a sense of security and inspires you for more struggles in your life. New dreams are born and nurtured in a house. It is the place where one can relax and get prepare for the next day. Having an own house is like a dream come true for the most of the population of India.
Apply Online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMaymis.gov.in
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna was launched by Prime Miniter Narendra Modi on June 25, 2015. This scheme was earlier known as ‘Housing for All’. The main agenda of this scheme is to ensure that people can get a house of their own according to their financial conditions. This scheme is a major step taken by government of India providing affordable housing solutions for the citizens of the country.
The target of the government through this scheme is to build more than 2 crore houses throughout the whole country. The estimated tenure is of 7 years. That means, these 2 crore houses will be built by the year 2022.
The blueprint of this scheme is built in three phases. In others words, the scheme is divided in such a way that it will be completed in three levels.
Phase 1: A total number of 100 cities are targeted in this first phase. The target time is from April 2015 to March 2017. The motive of the government during this tenure is to build, develop and complete affordable houses.
Phase 2: During the time period of April 2017 to March 2019 the scheme will proceed in its second phase. A target of 200 cities is needed to be covered whilst this time. Affordable houses will be built and completed in total 200 cities of the country.
Phase 3: The target of the third phase of the scheme is to cover whole country. This last phase of the scheme will last from April 2019 to March 2022. It is estimated that in this final phase almost all the work will be finished.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna
The target of this housing scheme is to provide affordable houses to all the sections of the country. To be precise, these particular groups are targeted.
- Indian Women of all religion and castes. Every woman of the India will be treated equal and there will be no biased decision in choosing the eligible candidate.
- People who belong to low income group (LIG) or economically weaker section (EWS).
- Scheduled castes (SC) / Backward Class (BC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST).
Key Features of PM awas yojana
The important key features of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna are concluded in this bullet form:
- A subsidy will be provided targeting LIG or EWS groups so that they can but their own houses at affordable prices. The subsidy amount will range in between Rs 1 L to 2.50 L. The subsidy will be provided by central government treasury.
- A subsidy will be offered on the rates of interest availed for this PM awas yojna. A 6.5% interest rate will be charged. The subsidy rate will last for 15 years from the date of disbursal of loan.
- This is a pro-women scheme. Female members will be preferred for the allotment of houses under this scheme. In simple words, application forms on the name of female members will be preferred over male members.
- The housing enclaves developed under this category should strictly fall under eco-friendly construction technology.
- The government will prefer aged or differently abled people for the allotment of ground floors.
- On an average a total amount of 1 L will be given to each beneficiary.
- A center government funded financial aid of 1.5 L will be paid as an add-on for the promotion of housing stock. 35% of housing units are reserved for EWS section.
- Poor people who live in urban areas and are eligible for this scheme can get an amount of 1.5 L to build or renovate their houses.
- This loan can be availed to build toilets in already existing houses.
Most important Feature- Reduced Interest rates
In this current time, a housing loan costs up to 10.5% pa. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna comes with a promise of reduced interest rates. The drastically reduced rate is 6.4%. In case one avails this housing scheme, interest rate will reduce by 4% that in turn means a drastic change in the EMI of the loan.
With this reduction, government has made the purchasing of the house easier and pocket friendly for EWS and LIG sections.
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Online application form for Pradhan Mantra Awas Yojna is available on the site pmaymis.gov.in
The online application process was started to increase the number of application forms and make the scheme more popular among people. For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna apply online and download form from the above given website or can be availed through CSC (Commom Service Centre).
- Total 60,000 CSC center throughout the country are linked with this scheme. These CSC centers will accept online applications.
- The submission of these forms is directly linked to e-KYC. KYC means know your client. All the documents are submitted after proper verification.
- The deposit of this online form in CSC centre will cost 25 rupees. The CSC center will provide an acknowledgement against it. This acknowledgement card will have the photograph and unique ID of the applicant. This unique ID is used to check the status of application form.
- Like all the schemes of the government, this scheme is also related with Aadhar Card. In case, you don’t have an Aadhar Card the CSC center will help you to get one.
Contact Details of PM awas (Toll Free Numbers )
Eligibility criteria of PM Awas Yojana
You can check online if you are eligible for this scheme or not. Visit the official site http://pmaymis.gov.in/Search_Name.aspx
All the States and the Union Territories, the whole India from its length to breadth is covered under this scheme.