TSobmms.cgg.gov.in – The growing popularity of cabs in the country has opened up a new career option. Considering this, Telangana government has launched a new scheme for the empowerment of the SC/ST/BC or minority drivers. According to this Program, state government aims to provide financial aid to the skilled drivers for the purchase of new vehicles. Only those drivers which are not working with any private cab service can apply. The registration for this program happened in February 2017.
Driver Empowerment Program in Telangana – TSobmms.cgg.gov.in
Objectives of the scheme:
- The scheme is an opportunity for drivers to own their own vehicles and become self-sufficient for their lifetime. They can easily join private can services for their survivals.
- This scheme will particularly empower minority community and backward class.
Online application form at TSobmms.cgg.gov.in:
The registration process occurred from 15th February to 28th February 2017. The registration process was online only and no offline application form was available. The next Recruitment will took place in October, 2017, watch this space.
Beneficiaries of Driver Empowerment Program
- The drivers who belong to Scheduled Class, Backward Class and minority community were eligible for this scheme. It was necessary for the candidate to have a valid LMV driving license issued by RTA on or before 31st December 2015. Candidates whose license has transport badge were preferred.
- The applicants from a fixed income group were eligible to apply. The yearly income should be less than 1.5 L in rural area and 2 L in urban area.
- Minimum education qualification for the candidates was 8th The applicants who have appeared in SSC (pass or fail) were given preference. Education is a must so that the candidate must be literate enough to understand traffic rules and guidelines.
- Age limit is set between 21 to 40 years so that drivers should be physically perfect to handle different situations.
Key Features Driver Empowerment Program
- The loan amount interest rates will be less when compared to normal rates.
- Not only SC/ST/BC candidates, it ensures the growth of eligible minority drivers that belong from community other than Hindu.
- Those potential candidates, who applied within the mentioned dates 15th February to 28th February, 2017 will get the benefits.
- The registration process of this website is online only as the whole nation is moving towards digitalization. http://tsobmms.cgg.gov.in This website has been created for driver’s assistance.
Before filling the online application form, the candidate must be ready with these certain documents. These documents are must for the selection process and one get proper assistance from the official website.
- Educational mark sheet
- PAN Card
- An RTA approved valid driving license.
- Passport size photos
- A valid caste certificate
One need to upload these documents with the form, hence all the documents should be in a digital form.
Impact on the society: This innovative step taken by obmms, Telangana is milestone in the growth backward and financial weaker section. With the expanding cab market and cheap loan provided by government, the drivers will be able to earn a good livelihood and this in turn will ensure the growth of the drivers. With this scheme, government has taken a major step for the empowerment of weaker people.