Looking for Admission in Kendriya Vidhyalya as private employees? One of the most trusted educational organizations of India; Kendriya Vidyalya aka Central Schools were opened for Center Government Employees initially. Run by the department of school education, ministry of human resource development of government of India, KV’s are known for its affordable and quality education.
[Guide] How to get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for Private Employees
KV’s were basically opened for the central government employees and army men or ex-army men to provide a better education to their children. However, after a huge demand a few seats were reserved for the children of private, state government employees or self-employed people.
Some Kendriya Vidyalaya schools do not come under army area, more seats are available is such schools.
If school is under Army sector, following priorities are listed:
- First preference is given to the children of transferable central government employees including ex-servicemen.
- Second preference is given to non-transferable central government employees or ex-servicemen.
- Third preference to children of transferable or non-transferable employees of Public sector Undertaking/ autonomous bodies/ Institute if Higher Learning of Government of India.
- Fourth preference to children of transferable state government employees.
- Fifth preference to children of non-transferable state government employees.
- Last preference to children of any category.
Hence, it is pretty much clear that if school belongs to defense area, there are very less chances of getting admission for the children of private employees.
But there are Kendriya Vidyalyas that do not fall under defense category and it is comparatively easier to get admission is that school. The admission priorities differ from sector to sector.
The admission process of KV starts in the month of February-March every year. In this time, the general category children also get fair chances to study in KV.
Common Admission Procedure at Kendriya Vidyalaya for Private Employees
So, now we know that admission is done through priority wise and one should know the proper admission procedure.
- You can apply online for the admissions. The admission dates are always available in the latest prospectus.
- It is easier to get admission is 1st class because more seats are available at that time. As the classes increase, seats get filled and the chances of getting admission deploys.
- The age of child should be of 5 years at the time of admission on 1st April for Class 1st. The age for higher classes is regulated accordingly.
- An admission test is conducted to get admission in higher classes. The dates of the test are notified by the Principal of the school.
- Following subjects are covered in the admission test of Class 1 to 5: English, Hindi and Math.
- Subjects for Middle classes are: Hindi, English, Math and General Knowledge.
- Subjects for Secondary classes are: English, Hindi, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Parents/ Guardians can obtain registration forms from the school office against a payment of Rs 50 in the month of February. They are to be submitted in the month of March.
There are normally 40 students per class and the admission procedure is not complicated as other schools.