Aajevika Grameen Express Yojna (AGEY) will be launched as a sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodya Yojna- National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY- NRLM). The motive behind launching this scheme was to provide an alternate source of livelihood to the members of Self Help groups (SHG).
Aajevika Grameen Express Yojna
The Rural Development Minister, Ram Kripal Yadav said that the scheme will be launched under DAY-NRLM as an alternative source of Self Help Groups. This scheme will help SHGs by providing operating public transport services facility to them in backward ruling areas.
AGEY scheme will generate a safe, affordable and community monitored transport services in rural areas. E-rickshaws and 3 or 4 wheeler motorized transport vehicles will be provided in rural areas. They will play an important role in connecting remote villages with key services and amenities. By key services and amenities we mean, access to markets, education centers and health centers. The connectivity of all these 3 or 4 centers is very important for the overall economic condition of a place.
- The Rural Development Minister, Ram Kirpal Yadav announced that the Yojna will be initially implemented in the 250 blocks in the country on pilot basis only. Each block will be provided up to 6 vehicles to operate the transport services. The scheme has already been implemented in approximately 52 blocks of 8 states. These 8 states are Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttrakhand and West Bengal. The total funding for these 8 states is Rs 16.06 crores. Out of this Rs 10.16 crore will be the share of Government of India and the balance funding will be provided by the respective states.
- The process of selection of block will be carried out by the respective states. Those blocks will be preferred where NRLM is being implemented extensively and where CBO’s are already functioning. A few other factors will also be noticed during the selection process like: backwardness, lack of transportation links and sustainability of services.
- The identity of routes and the number and capacity of vehicles in a selected block will be decided by State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM). The SRLM will do a feasibility study and traffic survey of the selected block on sustainable basis. The technically sound organizations that have expertise in transport network planning will conduct the study. The choice of vehicles includes E-rickshaws or 3 or 4 wheeler autos within a cost ceiling of 6.50 Lacs.
- For the issue of permit of these vehicles, SRLMs will coordinate with State Transport Department. The SHG member who is operating the vehicle shall ensure that he is updated with all the legal documents such as valid permit, road tax permit, insurance policy etc.
- The SHG member shall ensure that he will run the vehicle on prescribed route only at pre-determined frequency only as jointly agreed between SHG and CBO.
- All the vehicles falling under this category shall have a pre-decided color code and shall carry AGEY branding to popularize their identity and avoid diversion on the routes.
So, these are benefits and feature of Aajevika Grameen Express Yojna. Do apply for this scheme online. You can ask any of your question regarding this scheme, in below comment box.